12 May 2012

Luis Enrique: "I leave Roma because I'm tired"

Luis Enrique Martínez said Saturday that left Roma because he is tired and does not train any team next season.

The former Barça coach featured in the press conference prior to last meeting that his team will play Sunday against Cesena, a hearing in which he explained the reasons for his departure from Roma, confirmed yesterday by the club's sports director Franco Baldini .

"It was beautiful to be coach of Roma, very proud, thank you for everything. It was a great pleasure to coach this team. I have never regretted, even in the worst days," said Luis Enrique in the club's sporting venue in Rome, told Italian media they collect.
"I'm leaving because I'm tired. I gave a hundred percent, even when I have missed forces. And, as I can not recall this summer, I'm leaving next year and will train not insurance," he added.

The Spanish coach, who joined last summer by the Roma and leaves the team out of all options for access to European competition next season, also expressed his desire that the next coach of the capital club not "have to suffer "like him. "This team has improved a lot, not by results but by the commitment of the boys, who always appreciate and thank you today on the last day the public. Have done what I thought proper. Not all fans have understand what I do, but I think I'm honest with myself first, then with the club, players and fans, "said Luis Enrique.

The former player of Barça joked about his supposed difficult relationship with the master of Roma, Italy's Francesco Totti, who said he is "falling in love" and that even his wife was jealous. "It was very special. From the beginning I had a beautiful feeling to it. At the beginning of training, after letting out a call, I told him he had no war with him. Has been a pleasure working with Francesco, is a champion, "said Luis Enrique.

A lack of time for completion of the league championship in the first division (Serie A), Roma has 53 points, putting him in seventh place in the table and left out of Europe for next season. Luis Enrique, who had been coaching the Barca B for three seasons, had already announced on Thursday his players to leave the team at the end of this season. (via SPORT)