The Spanish coach of Roma announced his players to leave the team after this season, as reported by the sports daily 'Corriere dello Sport' and 'La Gazzetta dello Sport.
Asturian coach announced his decision to the players during training held in Trigoria, the sports city of Rome, in a talk in which he used to thank them for their efforts and say goodbye to them.
He said that his departure was a "defeat" and regretted not being able to convey what he wanted, give a hundred percent and move their ideas to the field, the sources said.
Sources consulted by Efe agency declined to comment and emplaced to an eventual official statement by the club. Roma will face on Sunday their last league match against Cesena, last of the classification and doomed to decline next year.
Luis Enrique came to the bench in Roma last summer after three seasons as head of a subsidiary of Barcelona, to take over the Italian Vincenzo Montella.
The progress of the coach Asturian had already been contemplated by the media in recent weeks, he even dared to point to the Portuguese André Villas-Boas as his possible replacement.
Along the same line had expressed the Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini, on May 1 after the meeting of the Roma league with Chievo. Sabatini said that he believed that Luis Enrique was thinking about his farewell as "not feeling the support for himself" did not feel he could move the team and therefore did not want to put the Roma team and club, "a imbalance. "
In recent weeks there were many voices calling for the march of technical, because the press, which he repeatedly blamed the poor results achieved by the club, joined the fans, who also urged him to say goodbye.
The Roma fans excited by the arrival of new shareholders and a young coach who would open a new era had forgiven the output of the previous stage of the Europa League, the two derbies against Lazio lost, including the two 4 goals conceded against Juventus, but the defeat against Fiorentina on 25 April inthe estadio Olimpico Roman did it. (via SPORT)