06 May 2012

Guardiola: "Messi has helped me be better"

Pep Guardiola was very grateful for the tribute to his farewell to the Camp Nou, both to the public, as players who have had these years.

"When you see the stadium filled to the top, all you can do is notice a lot of satisfaction. I am very happy and very grateful for the treatment during this time, the link I have with this club will always endure," admitted azulgrana coach after beating Espanyol to a 4-0.

Guardiola had words of affection for all its staff: "I will always carry deep inside these players, from first to last I've had over the years. It is not easy to let a team like that. All have helped me strive to be a better coach , Messi also has helped me be better. I have received lots of love, know that they love you, "he said.

Asked about the celebration of Messi in the 4-0, when the Argentine and the rest of the team embraced the coach, Guardiola said he was "very happy with these details, I'm happy I formed this club."

Guardiola refused to explain what has been said he and the 'crack' Argentine holding that much: "Messi has not spoken much, what it does is score goals, I have thanked him." (via SPORT)