06 May 2012

Estiarte announces he’ll also be leaving

Manel Estiarte has informed Club President Sandro Rosell that he will be standing down as the Head of External Relations at the end of this season.

“I want to give an enormous thank you to the Club, the board who have shown their confidence in me and especially to Pep”, he told Barça TV.



Manel Estiarte, Barça’s Head of External Relations has announced that he will be leaving the Club, along with Pep Guardiola at the end of this season: “I told the President three days ago that I was leaving- It’s been an amazing time that we have enjoyed together and I want to give an enormous thank you to the Club, the board who have shown their confidence in me and especially to Pep” he told Barça TV.

Estiarte also admitted: “I feel very sad but also pride in the fact that I am following a friend”, referring to Guardiola’s decision to quit. “maybe I’m wrong, but I have always done what I thought was best for the Club”.
Manel Estiarte joined Barça in the summer of 2008 as Head of External Relations and for the last four years he has worked in the post, always closely linked with the fortunes of the first team. (via FCBarcelona.com)