- The 12 goals have come from: Puyol (3), Adriano (3), Alves (2), Piqué (1), Maxwell (1), Abidal (1) and Montoya (1).
- 4 of the 5 goals in the last two rounds have come from defenders -Puyol (2), Abidal (1) and Alves (1).
- Last night’s was Puyol’s third goal of the season and makes it 12 in his 535 appearances for the Club.
- It’s been four years since the team recorded three successive draws – 2-2 against Real Madrid, 0-0 in Villarreal ad last night’s 1-1 draw at Mestalla.
- In the 25 knock out ties under Pep Guardiola, the team have never been eliminated after drawing the first leg.
- Valencia committed 25 fouls against Barça’s 12 and had 8 shots against the visitors’ 15.
- Barça enjoyed 58% of possession.
- Eric Abidal won most ball back for the team, with 14 interventions.
- Dani Alves’ shot against the woodwork makes it 28 times this season that Barça have hit the posts - 15 in the league and 13 in other competitions.
- Only 6 of the 19 penalties Valencia keeper Diego Alves has faced have ended up in goals – one of those was by Leo Messi. (via FCBarcelona.cat)
02 February 2012
Match Stats – Valencia vs Barça
One of the most interesting points arising from the Valencia game was that Puyol’s equaliser now means defenders have bagged 12 goals this season.