- Over the six games, Barça have won three times, with two wins for Bayer and one drawn game.
- Barça have won one, lost one and drawn one game away to Bayer.
- Four of the games between the two have occurred in the group phase of the Champions League, with the other two in the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup in the 1987/88 season, when Bayer won over the two legs (0-0 and 0-1).
- Luis Enrique and Saviola, with two goals each, are the Barça players who have scored most goals against Bayer.
- Barça have beaten three German teams in Champions League knock out games: Schalke 04 (2007/08), Bayern Munich (2008/09) and Stuttgart (2009/10).
- In all, Barça have played 21 games in Germany, wining 8, drawing 8 and losing 5 games.
- Bayer Leverkusen will be trying to reach the last eight for the first time since 2001/02, when they ended up as runners-up.
- The German team has conceded 199 goals in UEFA competitions so far in its history.
- For Bayer, Kiessling, Toprak, Kadlec and the injured Ballack and Derdiyok are just a card away from suspension, whilst Puyol is in the same position for Barça.
- The referee for the game is the Scot Craig Thomson, who has been in charge of the two teams once before – last season he refereed Barça's quarter final game against Shaktar (5-1) and the Bayer – Valencia match this season in the group stage. Tuesday's game will be Thomson's 14th Champions League game. (via FCBarcelona.com)
15 February 2012
Bayer Leverkusen-Barça: Did you know…?
The teams will be facing each other in Europe for the seventh time on Tuesday, though only once before have they met in a two legged tie, nearly 20 years ago, when the Germans won.