- Barça had 72% of the possession away to their biggest rival.
- In total, Barça made 744 good passes compared to Madrid's 234.
- Xavi completed 122 of the 140 passes he made. Busquets made 109 out of 117. The best Madrid managed was Xabi Alonso's 35 out of 40.
- The visitors had 10 shots compared to the home side's five.
- Mourinho's side committed 20 fouls, while Guardiola's made just 12. Madrid also had more yellow cards: 4 against 3.
- Madrid only had one corner and Barça had eight.
- Puyol scored from a corner at the Bernabéu, a very similar action to his goal in the glorious 6-2 win at the same stadium in 2009.
- The corner was also taken by Xavi, who is one game short of the record number of clásico appearances held by the legendary Joan Segarra.
- Abidal scored his second official goal for the Catalan outfit. His other was last season at the San Mamés, and also in the cup.
- Leo Messi made his 300th official appearance for Barça and was able to celebrate by setting up the second goal with a majestic pass.
- The win means the teams are now tied on 86 wins each all time, while there have been 45 draws.
- Madrid have scored first in the last four meetings with Barcelona at the Bernabéu, but have not gone on to win any of the games. They have drawn one and lost three.
- Nineteen different Barça players have now scored this season.
- Gerard Piqué won far and away the most ball of the night, 16 in all.
20 January 2012
Barça superiority in numbers
The statistics from the 2-1 win at the Santiago Bernabéu show how dominant Barça were in every way in the Copa del Rey quarter final first leg.